YI Elections Candidates announced:
The yearly election for Young Independence is about to take place. With all the nominations in, we can announce who will be contesting the national positions for the YI Council.
- Chairman – Jack Duffin & Christopher Wood
- Vice Chairman – Thomas Hoof & Robin Hunter-clarke
- Treasurer – Richard Harrington
- Secretary – Laura Howard
- International Officer – Finlay Young
- Communications Officer – OC & Ben Walker
- Elections Officer – Dan Jukes
- Events Officer – Hannah Cornell
- Universities Officer – Joe Jenkins
- Grassroots Officer – Edward Sumners
With the exception of Chairman, Vice Chairman, and Communications Officer, all have been elected unopposed although not officially until the end of polling day.
Campaigning for the other three positions though will begin on Monday morning at 09:00, with polling opening on Wednesday until Friday. More details will be provided as soon as possible!
We are also happy to announce that a live debate between the two candidates for Chairman is in the works! Watch this space.